News from sponsors
This page will be regularly updated with news from our sponsors - be sure to check back to see what's in store at the event!
Essilor teams worldwide are driven by the vital mission of Improving lives by Improving sight and work alongside partners, supporting non-profit initiatives so that we can help the third of the global population with uncorrected poor vision to see well and live well. Essilor operates in 70 countries worldwide and employs 67,000 people.
From The Centre of Excellence in Thornbury near Bristol, Essilor Ltd offers a global service at a local level. The local laboratory manufactures highly innovative products such as Varilux X series and Eyecode lenses and the business has received accreditation from the Institute of Customer Service for seven consecutive years. Essilor Ltd employs 370 people who are based throughout the UK.
Essilor has also been ranked on Forbes magazine’s 'Most Innovative Companies' list for a fifth year in a row. We believe it is essential for us to continue innovating and do this by investing £170 million worldwide into R&D. By enriching all levels of our product range we provide effective solutions to independent opticians to address evolving patient needs.
We work closely with all our Opticians providing not only lenses and equipment but also strategic business advice in sales, marketing and customer support, helping them to grow their businesses.
Since 1945 Alcon® has been working to enhance quality of life by helping people see better. Alcon® is a global leader in eye care and is comprised of two business units – Vision Care and Surgical. Alcon® offer the widest spectrum of eye care products in the world: From a comprehensive portfolio of contact lenses and lens care products to the most complete line of ophthalmic surgical products.
We offer products that improve patients’ vision and match today’s active lifestyles and demands. The Alcon® product portfolio comprises:
• DAILIES® disposable contact lenses, including DAILIES TOTAL1® (the first water gradient contact lens), AOP Product of the Year DAILIES TOTAL1® Multifocal, and DAILIES® AquaComfort Plus® family of contact lenses
• AIR OPTIX® contact lenses, including AIR OPTIX® plus HydraGlyde® and AIR OPTIX® plus HydraGlyde Multifocal
• FreshLook® colour contact lenses
• Lens care products which include OPTI-FREE® PureMoist® multi-purpose disinfecting solution and AOSEPT® PLUS with HydraGlyde®
• The SYSTANE® eye drop family, including SYSTANE® HYDRATION, offers long-lasting dry eye relief through corneal surface restoration.
From high oxygen transmissibility to highly innovative wetting technologies, Alcon® Vision Care continues to set new standards, advancing the science of contact lenses, lens care and state-of-the art manufacturing.
Please visit us at our stand or at www.myalcon.co.uk for more details.