Bookings for this event are closed.
You can call 020 7766 4377/4347 to see if there are any spaces.
A headache for optometrists
This webinar will give an overview of different types of headache and how they present. It will cover the key points in a relevant history and symptoms, red flag symptoms and the appropriate investigations required. The main focus will be migraine headaches. There will be a review of “eye signs” in headache patients and it will cover idiopathic intracranial hypertension.
- To improve the history taking of patients presenting with headaches, understanding the questions required to elicit relevant symptoms and so ensure appropriate investigation
- To be able to understand the signs and symptoms of patients presenting with various types of headaches and so investigate and manage the patient appropriately
- To understand when patients presenting with headaches require referring and further investigations in secondary care
- To be able to recognise the common ocular causes of headache and understand when referral is required, with the appropriate urgency.
You will be able to claim one interactive CET point after attending this live session.
Terms and conditions
- To attend this webinar you must be a College of Optometrists' member.
- To obtain your interactive CET point you must ensure the following standards are met, you must:
- have a minimum attendance of 50 minutes
- complete a minimum of 4 of the 6 polls.
CET does not apply to students and pre-registration trainees.
How to join our webinar
See our joining instructions for more information.
What members say about our webinars
"Overall, excellent as always." MCOptom
"Excellent way to get interactive points!" MCOptom
What members say about Benjamin
"Very informative talk, clearly presented with lots of case examples!"
"Super and comprehensive lecture. You can never get enough insight into headaches and their cause. Such a useful lecture to take into practice."