Your next free member CET event in the North West region will take place in Chester on Tuesday 3 July from 6pm.
The evening will consist of an interactive lecture followed by a peer review.
Peer review: 3 interactive CET points
Expected timings for the evening
This is an opportunity to have something to eat whilst networking with fellow attendees and exhibitors. We encourage you to arrive by 6pm to allow yourself plenty of time to park, register and have a bite to eat.
A College representative will give you an update on the College's current activities.
Dr Imran Jawaid, Ophthalmology Registrar, will present a lecture on 'Red eye: history taking, differential diagnosis and management'.
The lecture will give an overview of a model that can be used to take a history from a patient with red eye. It will also cover an introduction to focused clinical examination - what to look for and how the history influences this, as well as how to assess risk in patients with red eye. A series of cases will be discussed to demonstrate the principles introduced.
- To be able to take a complete history for a patient presenting with red eye
- To identify abnormal findings in a patient presenting with a red eye
- To be able to formulate a management plan for a patient presenting with a red eye
- To understand when and why to refer to seconday care services
Competencies covered: Communication, Ocular disease and Ocular examination.
This is an opportunity to have some tea / coffee and speak further with fellow attendees and exhibitors.
Delegates are asked to bring their own anonymised case from their own practice. The case should be something that they have found challenging or interesting.
- To be able to improve the ability to convey an expert knowledge of physiological and pathological eye conditions giving factually relevant information in an informative, clear and understandable way whilst remaining empathetic and patient-centred
- To be able to update and improve working knowledge of the College of Optometrist’s Guidance for professional practice and local protocols, demonstrating an ability to investigate and manage according to a patient’s signs and symptoms
- To be aware of your obligations regarding patient safety and know how to raise concerns
Competencies covered: Communication, Standards of practice and Ocular disease
Although the event is free of charge to College members, it is vital that you register in advance.
The College of Optometrists will use all personal and contact information supplied as part of this event application to process your booking and to provide you with information about the event. We will also use your email address and mobile phone number to update our membership records. The College would like to use your email and postal addresses to send you general College news and information on the College’s products and services, including our future events. You may opt out of receiving College communications at any time by contacting the College. The College uses personal information for statistical purposes and, when not anonymised, we seek consent.
Contact Nicola Pogson on +44(0)20 7766 4377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
With thanks to our Silver partner:
Venue and travel details
Car parking information from the hotel:
175 spaces available
Situated next to the hotel is a pay and display car park. Details of costing and parking procedures are listed below for your information and are available in the car park.
Please note that the car park does not belong to the hotel.
Car parking spaces are subject to availability.
Guests who are staying at the hotel overnight receive a specially reduced 24 hr rate. Guests must enter their full, correct vehicle registration details into the terminal at reception within the Queen Hotel to obtain a parking permit.
· £10 per night Mon - Thurs, per night
· £15 per night Fri - Sun, per night
Tariffs for non-residents/ ad hoc users
Up to 2 hours £2.00
Up to 4 hours £4.00
Up to 6 hours £6.00
Up to 8 hours £8.00
Up to 12 hours £12.00
Up to 24 hours £20.00
Please follow the instructions at the pay stations.