Bookings for this event are closed.
You can call 020 7766 4377/4347 to see if there are any spaces.
Glaucoma laser treatments; what are they and should optometrists be doing them?
The session describes two common laser interventions for glaucoma and related conditions: Laser Peripheral Iridotomy and Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty. The presentation predicts an increased need for these treatments in the future and discusses whether optometrists are appropriate clinicians to perform these treatments. The treatments and associated indications and techniques are described along with their relative efficacies and potential side effects.
- To understand laser peripheral iridotomy and selective laser trabeculoplasty and their role in the management of glaucoma and related conditions
- To understand how the slit-lamp is used in the examination and treatment of patients undergoing glaucoma laser treatments.
- To appreciate the issues of patient consent and practitioner competency in relation to the possibility of optometrists performing laser treatments in a safe and effective manner
- To improve the understanding of glaucoma laser treatments so that optometrists can discuss with their patients the treatments that may be offered after referral.
You will be able to claim one interactive CET point after attending this live session.
Terms and conditions
- To attend this webinar you must be a College of Optometrists' member.
- To obtain your interactive CET point you must ensure the following standards are met, you must:
- have a minimum attendance of 50 minutes
- complete a minimum of 4 of the 6 polls.
CET does not apply to students and pre-registration trainees.
How to join our webinar
See our joining instructions for more information.
What members say about our webinars
"Overall, excellent as always." MCOptom
"Excellent way to get interactive points!" MCOptom
What members say about Dan
"Well-paced and logical flow of information with nice balance of theory and pragmatism. I feel both better informed and inspired. Thanks!"
"A great presentation from a knowledgeable and experienced practitioner."