Many of the questions posed by prospective or current supervisors relate, in essence, to:
“How can I effectively ensure that my patients are safe, whilst also providing the full range of experience required for my pre-registration trainee?”
With the recent introduction of the GOC “Standards of Practice”, where the standards are more explicit, you may have even more questions. This interactive training session led by the Lead and Senior Assessors will enable you to look at some of the specific standards related to supervision and consider your own practice and how it measures up.
This training is aimed at Supervisors and those considering supervision. This session is free for College members.
CET accredited as a discussion workshop worth 3 CET points.
6pm buffet and registration for 6:30 start. Finish 9pm
Beforehand all delegates will need to have:
- completed the online “Introduction to Supervision” training
- familiarised themselves with the following paperwork found in the current Scheme for Registration Handbook or on the College website:
- The Assessment Framework documents for Stage 1 of the work based assessment process
- The monthly review sheets used by the supervisor to review the trainee’s performance
- Re-familiarised themselves with the GOC “Standards of Practice for Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians April 2016”
After the event we will be provide a “google link” for any after-thought questions. We will distribute the answers to all delegates.