“How can I effectively ensure that my patients are safe, whilst also providing the full range of experience required for my pre-registration trainee?”
The College is hosting a series of free interactive training sessions to explore the new GOC Standards of Practice related to supervision, and to explain how to ensure that your patients are safe whilst also providing the full range of experience required for your pre-reg trainee.
Delegates will earn 3 CET points.
Sessions will be led by the College's Lead Assessor Ruth Brough, alongside the College's team of senior assessors.
Who can attend?
Timings and attendance requirements
6.00pm Registration - buffet and networking
6.30pm Training starts (with break for refreshments and networking)
Before attending, all delegates will need to:
- have completed the online Introduction to Supervision training
- familiarise themselves with the:
- Assessment Framework documents for Stage 1 of the work based assessment process
- monthly review sheets used by the supervisor to review the trainee’s performance
- GOC Standards of Practice for Optometrists and Dispensing Opticians.