Learning Together is a new session aimed at supervisors and trainees on the Scheme for Registration. We encourage supervisors to attend with their trainees.
Effective supervision is a two way process and this session will help supervisors and trainees to make the most of this formative time together.
We will ensure supervisors have a good understanding of how their trainees are assessed and we will provide them with the tools to ensure that they help their trainee prepare as effectively as possible for their assessments.
Ideally supervisors and trainees will work in the same location however it is not essential.
Expected timings for the evening
This is an opportunity to have something to eat whilst networking with fellow attendees and exhibitors. We encourage you to arrive by 6pm to allow yourself plenty of time to park, register and have a bite to eat.
A College representative will give you an update on the College's current activities.
Supervisors and trainees will leave the session with tools they can use to make day to day supervision simpler and safer and to drive improvement in day to day trainee performance and assessment preparation. There will be facilitated group work to practice the use of the new tools.
Objectives of the session:
- For supervisors:
- Better able to supervise each patient
- More aware of how your trainee is assessed
- Better able to prepare your trainee for assessment through day to day supervision
- For trainees
- Aware that good supervision is a two way process
- Better able to write and present records for effective supervision
- Better able to select and present records for assessment
- For both
- Have a way to make day to day supervision focus and guide assessment preparation
This is an opportunity to have some tea / coffee and speak further with fellow attendees and exhibitors.
Although the event is free of charge to College members, it is vital that you register in advance.
Contact Ruth Brough on +44(0)20 7766 4382 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Venue and travel details
The Banks Stadium