Bookings for this event are closed.
You can call 020 7766 4377/4347 to see if there are any spaces.
Online peer discussion C-76678
This online peer discussion session is open to College members and will enable you to still gain those important peer discussion points.
At our online session you will join a large group for an introduction and then participate in a small, virtual group to review three cases.
The introduction session will be conducted by a lead facilitator and each small group will be facilitated by an experienced facilitator. The case studies to be discussed are: blurry vision, intermittent painful eye and the value of disc OCT in the detection of glaucoma.Please note this event has a limited capacity.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
- Conduct a full and relevant history to obtain information relating to symptoms, general health, medication and family history
- Provide or arrange any further examinations, advice, investigations or treatment if required for your patient in an appropriate timescale
- Understands the benefits and limitation of using OCT to examine the fundus
- Understands the risk factors associated with glaucoma and OHT
- To detect glaucoma by analysing examination results and referring on accordingly
- Understand how common ocular conditions are managed
- Present complex information to the patient in a comprehensive but easily understandable way, adapting your language and communication style where necessary
- Interpret and investigate the presenting symptoms of a patient who presents with blurred vision
- Devise a logical management plan to investigate the patient’s presenting concern
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate differential diagnoses appropriately and identify common ocular pathologies resulting in appropriate management of the patients’ presenting signs and symptoms
What members say about our peer discussions:
"A wonderful way of seeing how optometrists across the country would deal with the kind of patients we saw in the case studies. It’s particularly helpful for newly qualified members like myself. " Aruba Ahmed MCOptom
"Brilliant facilitator and thank you for providing a peer discussion - first of many hopefully" MCOptom