Online peer discussion C-76678
This online peer discussion session is open to College members and will enable you to still gain those important peer discussion points.
You cannot attend this event if you attended or are booked on an online peer discussion on the following dates:
- 16 March 2021
- 28 April 2021
- 26 May 2021
- 1 July 2021
At our online session you will join a large group for an introduction and then participate in a small, virtual group to review three cases.
The introduction session will be conducted by a lead facilitator and each small group will be facilitated by an experienced facilitator. The cases are Blurry vision, Intermittent painful eye and The value of disc OCT in the detection of glaucoma.
Competencies covered; Communication, Standards of practice, Ocular examination and Ocular disease.
- Conduct a full and relevant history to obtain information relating to symptoms, general health, medication and family history (1.1.1)
- Present complex information to the patient in a comprehensive but easily understandable way, adapting your language and communication style where necessary (2.2.1)
- Provide or arrange any further examinations, advice, investigations or treatment if required for your patient in an appropriate timescale (2.7.2)
- Understands the benefits and limitation of using OCT to examine the fundus (3.1.3)
- Understands the risk factors associated with glaucoma and OHT (6.1.1)
- Interpret and investigate the presenting symptoms of a patient who presents with blurred vision (6.1.2)
- Devise a logical management plan to investigate the patient’s presenting concern (6.1.3)
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate differential diagnoses appropriately and identify common ocular pathologies resulting in appropriate management of the patients’ presenting signs and symptoms (6.1.5)
- To detect glaucoma by analysing examination results and referring on accordingly (6.1.8)
- Understand how common ocular conditions are managed (6.1.11)
Please note this event has a limited capacity.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What members say about our peer discussions:
"A wonderful way of seeing how optometrists across the country would deal with the kind of patients we saw in the case studies. It’s particularly helpful for newly qualified members like myself. " Aruba Ahmed MCOptom
"Brilliant facilitator and thank you for providing a peer discussion - first of many hopefully" MCOptom