Bookings for this event are closed.
You can call 020 7766 4377/4347 to see if there are any spaces.
Online peer discussion C-76565
This online peer discussion session is open to College members and will enable you to still gain those important peer discussion points. One of the cases will focus on remote consultations and the challenges faced in not being able to carry out all the usual tests and examinations.
At our online session you will join a large group for an introduction and then participate in a small, virtual group to review three cases.
The introduction session will be conducted by a lead facilitator and each small group will be facilitated by an experienced facilitator. The cases are Swollen optic disc, Prism needed or just reading add? and A case of unilateral pupil mydriasis.
Competencies covered; Communication, Standards of practice, Ocular examination, Optical appliances, Ocular disease and BV.
- 1.1.1 To understand the importance of obtaining a relevant history in a patient with recent onset anisocoria
- 2.5.4 Reflect on your current management of patients with BV issues and to consider modifications to routine
- 2.6.2 Develop appropriate judgement regarding urgency of referral
- 2.7.2 To be able to conduct appropriate examinations in a patient presenting with recent onset anisocoria and to understand the limitations of conducting such a telemedicine appointment.
- 3.1.9 To understand the importance of assessing pupil reactions using appropriate ambient illumination and an appropriate light source
- 4.1.3 Understand the spectacle lens options available for patients requiring different prism at distance and near
- 6.1.14 To understand the symptoms and signs of neurological significance when assessing pupil reactions and which signs/symptoms would be considered as ‘red flags’ and warrant further referral
- 8.1.2 Understand the management of a patient with a near muscle balance problem and how it may vary with the age of the patient
- 8.1.3 Understand various techniques for investigating the oculomotor balance of an adult patient
Please note this event has a limited capacity.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
What members say about our peer discussions:
"A wonderful way of seeing how optometrists across the country would deal with the kind of patients we saw in the case studies. It’s particularly helpful for newly qualified members like myself. " Aruba Ahmed MCOptom
"Brilliant facilitator and thank you for providing a peer discussion - first of many hopefully" MCOptom