Your next free member CET event in the West Midlands region will take place in Telford on Wednesday 23 October from 6pm.
Lecture: 1 interactive CET point being applied for
Peer discussion: 3 interactive CET points
Expected timings for the evening
This is an opportunity to have something to eat whilst networking with fellow attendees and exhibitors. We encourage you to arrive by 6pm to allow yourself plenty of time to park, register and have a bite to eat.
A College representative will give you an update on the College's current activities.
This is an opportunity to have some tea / coffee and speak further with fellow attendees and exhibitors.
The peer discussion session will cover three patients: each patient presents with different challenges and the aim of the session is develop a structured approach to managing each of these. The session is designed to hone delegates' history taking, and help delegates to ask patients pertinent questions.
The scenarios presented will tend to lead to a particular diagnosis, but are not supposed to be clear cut. At the end of the discussion around each patient there will be a short film shown from a relevant expert discussing how they would approach the history taking for such a patient, what questions they would find it useful for optometrists to ask, and how they would recommend managing such a patient.
Target group: Optometrist and Therapeutic prescriber
Optometrist: Communication, Standards of practice, Ocular disease and Binocular vision
Therapeutic prescriber: Options and Knowledge
- To be able to obtain an appropriate history from a patient presenting with various conditions
- To consider all the information provided by your patients
- To understand the risk factors for patients presenting with various conditions
- To recognise common ocular abnormalities and refer when appropriate
- To develop a management plan for the investigation of patients presenting with an uncomfortable eye or headaches
- To know how to manage a patient presenting with an anomaly of binocular vision
Although the event is free of charge to College members, it is vital that you register in advance.
Contact Nicola Pogson on +44(0)20 7766 4377 or email email@example.com if you have any queries.
With thanks to our silver partner
Venue and travel details
Complimentary car parking is available on site.