About the role:
Are you an experienced optometrist looking for something different from practice, or perhaps you have domiciliary experience and would like to discover what it's like working for a business that is truly focused on patient care and ethical prescribing?
As an optometrist with Visioncall your role is very different from the norm. You will have clinical freedom and the variation of getting out and about visiting patients mainly within care home environments. With no evening or weekend working, you will be accompanied by an experienced dispensing optician/ optical assistant who not only does the driving for you but will support you throughout your clinics, allowing you to focus on the sight test and patient.
We are looking for an associate optometrist in the Middlesbrough area who can provide their services to us up to 3 days per week.
- Competitive rates
- Consistent weekly days or block bookings
- Flexibility – working part time or alongside your other commitments
- Travel within 20-25 miles of your home post code
- No weekends or evenings
- Clinical and digital equipment provided
- Full support and training from your local clinical team
- Self-employed position – work as a sole trader or LTD company
Interested, why not contact us for an informal and confidential chat to find out more. Contact Jasveer Narang on 07966 803 612 or alternatively email email@example.com.
Visioncall operates a hub and spoke model to provide local eyecare in the community. As an associate optometrist with Visioncall you be supported by your regional clinical team in conjunction with our centralised admin function in Glasgow. You will ideally work as part of a crew alongside a dispenser; however, you may sometimes be required to work alone as a SuperOptom to provide for emergency clinics, or to confirm to regulatory restrictions.
Since 1994, Visioncall has been a leading eye care provider to the UK care home sector, delivering home sight tests to those unable to visit a high street optician. Regardless of a person's age or needs, we believe that they have the right to the best eye care service to help them See Better Live better. Our specialist holistic approach to eye care means our patients will beneﬁt from being more engaged with the world around them.
To successfully apply for this post, you must have:
- At least two years post qualified experience
- Domiciliary experience would be advantageous but not essential
- A passion for patient care and clinical excellence
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- Full GOC registration and professional indemnity insurance
- An enhanced DBS or PVG check (this can be provided by Visioncall should you not already have one in place)
Visioncall is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all employees.
Apply via email or phone call.
Please mention that you saw the advert on The College of Optometrists’ website.