About the research strategy
The College’s Research strategy 2020-2025 sets out how the College will approach research over the next five years, in line with the four pillars of our strategic plan:
• Defining and inspiring excellence in optometry.
• Enabling optometrists to maximise their skills and develop their careers.
• Representing and amplifying the expert voices of optometrists.
• Embedding insight and evidence at the centre of the profession.
Within the strategy we set out how we will use research to meet our strategic objectives, and why research remains a key element in the College’s work as your professional body.
Our priorities for this area of work currently include:
- evidence relating to the expanding scope of practice for optometrists
- evidence for new models of eye and vision care and optometry
- data about the optometric workforce to inform development of and planning for future services
- investigating advanced practice and CPD for the profession
- gathering evidence to inform the next stages of the Educational Strategic Review.