We have developed information, guidance and support for non-UK nationals wishing to qualify in the UK.

Share options

EU or EEA nationals

EU and EEA nationals wishing to practise in the UK should apply to register with the General Optical Council.

Non-EU and Non-EEA

Information on the Scheme for Registration for Non EEA trainees.

Tier 5 sponsorship

The College is an approved licensed sponsor under the Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange (GAE) scheme. This means the College can issue Certificates of Sponsorship to Non EEA students in order for them to complete the Scheme for Registration in the UK.