Welcome to Optometry Tomorrow – the UK’s leading optometry event!
If you are looking to gain your CET points for the cycle, stay up-to-date with developments in your profession and get to grips with the latest clinical innovations and techniques, look no further than Optometry Tomorrow 2019.
"Optometry Tomorrow is, without doubt, the finest and most important optometry conference in the UK - it is clearly focused on the education and development of the profession." Dr Jim Gilchrist FCOptom
Keynote speaker announced
Professor Pete Coffey, Theme Lead for Development, Ageing and Disease at the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology will be presenting the keynote lecture at Optometry Tomorrow 2019 on ‘The London Project to Cure Blindness at 10 years; have we found a cure?’. In 2013, UK regulatory approval was granted by the Medicines & Healthcare products Regulatory Agency to treat 10 patients who had AMD associated with an untreatable subretinal bleed or rips in the retinal pigmented epithelial layer (RPE). Two patients with subretinal bleeds were implanted with patches of stem cell derived RPE in the summer of 2015. The lecture will focus on the journey to clinic and the visual outcome will be presented.
Acting on your feedback, we will be covering all the topics that optometrists are talking about including:
- Myopia expert panel: Professor Chris Hammond, Dr Nicola Logan and Professor Kathryn Saunders
- BV lecture: Simon Frackiewicz
- Update on inherited retinal diseases: Omar Mahroo
- Latest trials and treatments in AMD: Clare Bailey
- OCT workshop stream (11 workshops) including sessions for beginners and more experienced users
- Gene therapy: Jasleen Jolly
- Performing cataract surgery on both eyes of a patient at the same time
- Gonioscopy workshop: Patrick Gunn
- Gonioscopy workshop: Dr Dan Rosser
- How to detect PVDs discussion workshop: Kam Balaggan
- Glaucoma management for IP optometrists: Angela Whitaker
- Medical management in independent prescribing: Amanda Harding
- Managing paediatric cases: discussion workshop: Polly Dulley
- Mind the gap: everyday low vision technology workshop: Andrew Miller
- Optometry and dementia: Professor Paul Foster
- Paediatrics: Cathy Williams
- A therapeutics stream for independent prescribers
- A Peer discussion stream
More detailed information about the programme will be published later in the year.
Book your place today for:
• Lectures and presentations from the world’s leading experts
• Seminars and workshops to boost your skills and confidence
• Dedicated therapeutic content for independent prescribers
• Top quality sponsor sessions – completely free of charge
• The latest optometric innovations at the trade exhibition
With thanks to our event sponsors: