Your second visit will take place remotely, roughly three months after visit one.
This will be a longer visit, lasting up to three hours and 30 minutes.
During the visit, your assessor will:
- discuss your assessment plan with you,
- assess a further 33 competencies by reviewing your evidence,
- check your logbook and reflective learning portfolio,
- review your performance with you and your supervisor and agree an action plan.
After your visit, you will receive your report and action plan. It will show which competencies you have achieved, not achieved and not been assessed on, and will include the evidence you need at your next visit.
You should discuss and put the plan into practice with your supervisor.
Visit two recommended patient encounter numbers
We suggest that you should have achieved a minimum of 175 patient encounters by visit two, made up of at least:
• 85 refractions, including one under-seven
• 25 dispenses, including one under-seven
• 30 contact lenses (fits, aftercares or teaches)
• 1 other
These numbers are only for guidance. If you have not reached these numbers, your assessor will discuss this with you, either when planning, or during your visit.